Rewriting our future one day at a time to make life sweeter. It's a wonderfully, terrifyingly, exciting feeling.... if only I could sneak in a nap first.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I need a Xanax.... and a can of Lysol

Wooo-weeeee! Talk about being reminded how it is to be a single mom! Last week, I found my 5 and 7 yr old dear hearts starting the week off with mighty cases of Strep. Fevers through the roof and just generally pissed off moods. Antibiotics, ibuprofen, Tylenol on a continuous loop. Just when I think it's good and we're all clear, my daughter spikes a fever again that lands us in the Emergency Room at 2 AM. I usually just medicate, get us through the night and see the MD first thing in the morning but not this time. So after a chest xray and breathing treatments, we were sent home with a diagnosis of asthmatic bronchitis and beginnings of pneumonia. Continued the antibiotics, ibuprofen and Tylenol with liquid albuterol as well. It's been a few days, things seemed better but I hear coughing and rumblings in the chest and all I can think is NOOOOOO, mommy needs her own time and being at work doesn't count! I'm starting to miss myself.... is that conceited? Who cares if it is at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment