Rewriting our future one day at a time to make life sweeter. It's a wonderfully, terrifyingly, exciting feeling.... if only I could sneak in a nap first.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Day in the Life

One of those days.... one of those weeks.... and friendly reminders I should have truckloads of ibuprofen on hand. Here's just a sample:

* Flush the toilet in my bathroom and the handle breaks off in my hand. Now a member of the redneck club as the lid's off the tank so I can pull the chain to flush. Nice.

* Come home to find a strange, frothy bright orange substance vomited from one end of my living room to the other. Seems my dog's taste buds enjoyed old, discarded cosmetics more than her stomach. Scrub, steam clean, scrub and now just a delightful orange sherbet color reminder.

*Dropped my son off at preschool- 1st day and new school. Felt like I was the recipient of a hefty sucker punch.

*Spent 2 hours doing catchup work with my daughter after she missed a day of school- already. She chose to hit herself in the head with the pencil while I kept repeating "Pay attention!" 

*Screwed up a gas trimmer that is only a week old. Seriously a grrrrrrr!!!

*Spent half a day speaking with: the insurance company, an attorney, a police officer for advice, a behavioral health professional, and the kind people at my local AT&T store. Growing up's a bitch. 

*My beautiful little weeping cherry tree appears to be dying a slow death from neglect. Noticed too late.

*Strange light bulb issues- seems I walk by and pop! Two out in the kid's bathroom, darkness in my closet, and pulled the string off the fixture over my washer and dryer (again) and all in two days. Bizarro.


Some days you just have to laugh. Hardy har har. ;)


1 comment:

  1. I sincerely hope you and your husband still find the time to dress up in heels and suits!!

    ReplyDelete